- Left Queens May 85,
- Moved to Toronto and met up with Luce Campbell and Doug Roberts
- Started Butsudokan Fall 85, in my building on Parliament Street (Steve Litt, Doug R., Luce C. & Eric Perlman)
- Moved club to an empty warehouse on Parliament Street (downtown Toronto) in early 86?
- Relocated club to Crescent Town (East end of Toronto) in mid 1986?
- Recommended for exam June 1986
- 1st Dan Test May 1987
- Awarded 1st Dan July 1988
The rest of the story....
- Recommended for 2nd Dan test in 1989.
Club had Doug Roberts, Luce Campbell, Rick Black, (Wolf Boggs then occasionally coming to Crescent Town too).
- Summer 1989 withdrew "temporarily" to focus on work & renovate home for new baby.
- Spring 1990 became a dad & took a two year transfer to the USA
- Returned in 1992 (with 2 babies!)
- Workplace was relocated to west of Toronto, so moved closer to work.
- Contemplated starting a club in west end; couldn't find a facility.
- Got hooked on the gym, distance running & ice hockey. Still go to the gym, play hockey and occasionally do bagwork.
Occasionally practice katas, bo, chucks or the couple of kumites I recall & taught to a friend.
- Partner of Spitfire Global ~ Consultants in Business Strategy & Marketing http://www.spitfireglobal.com/